Dancing on the Edge Festival Society
General Manager Position
Reporting to the Dancing on the Edge Festival’s Producer and the Board of Directors, the General Manager is responsible for the administration of the Festival including financial planning, marketing and development and human resources management.
Financial Planning and Control
- Ensures financial controls are in place and comply with those endorsed by the auditor.
- Develops the annual business plan containing the operating budget in collaboration with the Festival Producer
- Prepares financial statements and projections, and reports information to the board of directors and oversees yearly financial review engagement
- Researches, develops and prepares grant applications and reports for government agencies and foundations in conjunction with the Festival Producer
- Manages accounts payable/receivables, supervises payroll and prepares monthly cash flow projections
Marketing and Development
- Liases with contract marketing, communications and publicity personnel and participates actively and in audience development and marketing/publicity planning for the Society and for the festival as a whole
- Undertakes development planning and initiates individual donor, foundation and corporate appeals
Human Resource Management
- Coordinates and administers contracts for production, artists, publicity and operations staff in
- Ensures familiarity with labor standards and other legislation affecting employees and that the Society is operating under the terms of agreements with various unions/associations
- Attends board meetings and board committee meetings where appropriate
- Works with the board on fund development and fund-raising initiatives
- Supports the board by providing information and documents as needed
- Acts as a liaison for the festival with funding bodies, arts service organizations, other arts and community organizations, bankers, etc.
- Keeps informed on current issues within the dance community and acts as an advocate on behalf of Dancing on the Edge and dance as a whole
This is a year-round position requiring on average 30 hours per week depending on the time of year. The position allows for flexible hours except for the six weeks leading up to and following the festival. It, also, allows for a partial work at home option.
Remuneration: $45000-$55000 dependent on experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Contact Name: Donna Spencer
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact phone: (604) 689-0926